Check in to property, hiking trails and treehouse is 4PM.
Check out is 11AM.
Early or late check out of 130PM for tree house,
hiking trails or property
may be available for $50.00 each to expedite. See below for details.
Included in your stay is twenty miles of maintained themed trails winding through 285 acres of land. Bring waterproof hiking shoes; many of the trails cross through creeks. Please use best judgement on trails, slides, swings and bridges. It is all challenge by choice and personal responsibility to keep yourself safe
THINGS TO DO ON PROPERTY
- Enjoy a scavenger hunt to find five ponds and the sit spots scattered throughout the land.
- Find the ten hobbit houses sitting in the trees as you walk along the Hobbit Treehouse Trail. Make a wish in the wishing-creek located at the end of the trail.
- Read a book, write, sketch, or meditate, accompanied by the sounds of the forest, in the Trillium Pod or the Cabana Pod. The Trillium Pod is located on the Hidden Pond Trail. The Cabana Pod is located on the Red Heart Trail.
- Hike the Hidden Pond Trail to the three-person hammock to eat lunch. Enjoy the creek beds along the way.
- On the heart trail is a log home built during the 1800’s along this trail. Explore with caution!
- Try the cabana village along the Cabana Trail where we have a pod suspended from the trees. Sit or lay inside and play the sides like a drum.
- Jacob’s Ladders Trail, our newest, "HEALING TRAIL" is decorated with wind chimes with guests from all over the world. We invite you to bring your own chime to honor a loved one. Wherever you choose, along Jacob’s Trail, you are welcome to offer prayers for your loved one and hang your chime.
- Community firepit and sunset pavilion is also for treehouse guest use. The sunset pavilion has electricity, dining area and cornhole.
- SLIDES! The Blue Racer (located by gravel drive way as you come in to the right) and Green Jake the Snake (located on Observatory). Sliding can be dangerous so follow these rules. Slide at your own risk. Nothing in mouth or pocket. No sharp objects. Always wear shoes. Parental supervision. Bring wax paper to make it faster.
- NEWEST TRAILS in Back Country are Sunset Trail with 360 panoramic view and Star gazer Field dark sky certified
- Our trails are mountain bike friendly for advanced bikers. Bring your own bikes. We have a NEW mountain bike path. Reach out if you are interested. You can also utilize Germantown Recreation center paved bike trail at 70 Bridgeville Road for average bikers(3 miles from us)
- We offer wonderful spaces for a bird-watching adventure. Bring your binoculars and camera.
- The fun does not just happen during the day; there are also great things to do at night.
- Star gazing. We recommend download a star tracker app
- Night board games. Your treehouse has a few card and board games.
- Relaxing around the fire pit. Bring ingredients for s’mores. Do you like to sing around the fire? Bring your instrument. And don’t forget to bring your best stories to tell.
Please note that there are restrictions on the types of wood that may be burned at EarthJOY. BRING YOUR OWN FIREWOOD with restrictions or PREORDER at least two days ahead of time for it to be cut, and hand delivered. Please continue reading for additional information regarding firewood.
- We have created Nature Invitations for you. Find these in the back of the Treehouse Manual, located inside the treehouse. These are meant to connect you to yourself, others, and the property.
EarthJOY is a FULL of Adventure in one place! During Your stay you can schedule the following adventure experiences.
- GUIDED TREE CLIMBING with a master instructor is available for an additional fee. Bill Byrne, a master instructor, will teach you how to climb to the top of a tree, branch walk, swing off branches, and come down from a tree like Spiderman. Your 90-minute tree climbing session will happen on EarthJOY property during your stay with us. Because your session requires the instruction and supervision of a professional, there is an additional fee for this service.
- LEVEL I ADVANCED TREE CLIMB CLASS: Learn how to set up your own rope, tie the knots, learn how to climb, be able to set it up at home, learn about safety involved, equipment, 16 or older. $227.00 a person 4 hours
- ROMANCE PACKAGE. A dozen seasonal flowers in a vase, with a card with your message, pre-delivered to your treehouse. $100.00. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request with reservation name, and date of stay.
- ULTIMATE ROMANCE PACKAGE: We set up a secret location on the property with two boho cushions, rug, blankets and picnic basket with crackers, cheese, salami, fruit for two, bottle of local wine. You receive a map with X for secret location you need to find. $250 per set up includes food for two, set up, prep work. Great for anniversaries or engagements. You can also add on the photographer to have the event documented
- PHOTO ADVENTURE SESSION: Portraits. Family and Dog session. Special Event session 15+digital images. Online gallery. 45 mins. $150.00
- BIRTHDAY PARTY SET UP includes 6 balloons, 8 cupcakes, streamers, mini toy gift, and a “Happy Birthday” sign. $100.00. Email email@example.com with your request, reservation name and date of stay.
- FOREST THERAPY SESSION with Certified Forest Therapy Guide Shelly Byrne Forest Therapy is a practice that supports health and wellness through guided immersion in forests and other environments to promote the well-being of both people and the land. It is inspired by Shinrin-yoku, the Japanese practice of “Forest Bathing.”Participants are guided through a clearly defined sequence of open-ended invitations to slow down, allow the senses to open, and experience the environment to deepen the reciprocal relationship between participants and the forest. This supports the wholeness and well-being of both.
- These Slow Walks in the Forest are typically one- to two-kilometers long, 2.5 hours long and fit for all ages and physical conditions. Rather, participants spend time in silence, listening and feeling with a quiet and accepting presence. They become reconnected with their senses and their innate creative potential is tapped, which allows the imagination to awaken.All sessions end with a herbal tea collected from your walk $85.00 a person Check for availability at .https://book.peek.com/s/fcc9a452-d5c5-4d8b-9d91-473f7933793b/loXNO
Local Attractions and Services
- Germantown 1st Stop Marathon Gas Station at 4367 KY Highway 10. 606-728-2084
This gas station is close to EarthJoy and can supply most of your basic needs. They even have a nice deli counter with fresh meats and cheeses, or you can order a pizza.
- Historic downtown Augusta, Kentucky is a 15 minute drive from EarthJoy. Augusta Main Street has several good places to eat. Our favorite places are the Beehive Tavern and Irish Pub. We recommend an internet search and call ahead for hours of operation before driving into town to eat or shop. After lunch or dinner, you could walk the banks of the Ohio River. Augusta is the childhood home of George Clooney. Visit his mother Nina’s self-named antiques and collectibles shop or his aunt Rosemary Clooney’s museum. For more ideas about things to do, go to https://www.augustaky.com/
- Take the ferry from Augusta across the river to the town of Ripley, Ohio where you can visit two houses that were part of the Underground Railroad – the Rankin House and the Parker House. This small, historic town also boasts a museum. Learn more at http://www.ripleyohio.net/
- Maysville, Kentucky has many food options and is a lovely historic town. Our favorite restaurants are the Parc Café, De Shas, Capronis and Lil Jumbo. You may enjoy touring the bourbon distilleries that are part of the Bourbon Trail. Learn more at
- The Best Things to do in Maysville, Kentucky - KY Spotlight
- Visit Maysville, KY
Our address is 3400 Bridgeville Road, Brooksville, KY 41004.
- We advise using Google Maps. Enter “Treehouse Rentals EarthJOY ” as the destination and ask Google Maps to SEARCH. This procedure will take you right to us! Using any other method generally takes folks to the home of an 86-year-old neighbor. She has been frightened in the past by people who arrive on her property, and therefore, has not been nice to them. PLEASE assure that you follow the directions below.
- Our mailing address will not work for most automobile GPS systems.
You will know that you have arrived at EarthJOY when you see the following LANDMARKS:
- Look for a brown gate with yellow letters that say EARTHJOY. This gate will be locked. The passcode for the gate will be emailed to you after the required waivers are signed.
- You will also see a brown barn painted with huge sunflowers sitting 50 feet from the road.
Please make sure that all drivers in your party have this location information.
Your Stay at EarthJOY
- EarthJOY is a privately owned, fenced in, safe environment on a 200-acre farm. We like to keep the gate locked during your stay. Please help us in this effort.
- All treehouses have locks.
- It is important that parents supervise young children while they are in treehouses and on challenging terrain around the property.
- During your stay we are available business hours and if true life threatening emergency after hours. As you signed up for a self-sufficient exciting adventure, keep in mind we do not live on the property and when not working at EarthJOY we are about an hour away. However, we are available to direct and educate you by text or phone to additional resources. This document, our phone call and the treehouse manual inside is very helpful to help your stay be safe and fun.
Cell Phone Coverage and WiFi
- If you have Verizon, you are in luck. Connection from other providers is hit or miss.
- There is no WiFi; we keep it unplugged.
- There is a library in Maysville that you may use.
All treehouse kitchenettes includes:
- Mini Fridge in PETE only
- Pots, pans, skillets
- Tea kettle
- plates, bowls, utensils for 6
- basic seasonings
- Mr Coffee and coffee mugs
- Outside by storage closet is cooler if needed
- Outdoor propane grill. Extra propane tank can be found in storage closet on front deck or in log cabin behind farm house
- A three-gallon tank of water is provided for your stay along with a portable sink, towel, and dish soap. You may refill the water tank at the bathhouse as often as needed.
- You have access to a compost toilet that is simple, clean, and a short 5-second walk from your treehouse.
- Your private bathroom is located at beginning of property near or in green farmhouse with the name of your treehouse. It is about a 5 min walk from your treehouse.
- We provide 6 towels and wash cloths, toilet paper, paper towels, 2 in 1 hair wash and bath gel soap. If you will need more towels during your stay you are welcome to bring your own or hang and reuse.
- Please do not flush sanitary products down the toilets or compost toilets.
Air Conditioning | Heat
- There is electricity in your treehouse. This will give you enough energy to lights, the coffee maker and charge your phones. If by chance you run too much and the GFI needs reset it is under the Treehouse.
- We put a window air unit in the treehouse when it is 80 or above. And you have a fan that operates in the loft by the top light switch to your right when you come in the door
We love well-behaved pets and welcome them at EarthJOY. There are a few guidelines to follow:
- There is a $50 fee per pet. At most, you may bring two dogs. We need to know that you are bringing pets before your stay. To schedule email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, reservation name and date of stay.
- Of course, we expect that you will clean up pet excrement and dispose of it properly.
- Pets must not be left alone in the treehouse or crated
- Pets must not be allowed on the furniture.
- Outdoors, pets must be on a leash in the presence of other people or dogs.
Creatures Who Are Not Pets
Please remember that you did not book a stay at a 5-star hotel; you chose an experience close to nature. The Kentucky forest is home to insects, spiders, frogs, snakes, mice, coyotes, deer, turkeys, and many other birds. We ask you to respect these creatures and understand that you are a visitor in their home. That said, there are a few things you should know:
- There are no bears in the area and no poisonous snakes that we know of.
- When the weather turns cold, do not leave the doors of your treehouse open. Insects searching for warm nesting sites love our treehouses.
- If you encounter pests that have traveled into your treehouse or bathroom remove them the way you would remove them from your own home.
We have supplied the treehouse with four metal chairs and table on patio deck. Two Adirondack chairs, swing lounger and bounce chair The treehouse has its own outdoor fire pit. Please read the rules concerning the wood that may be burned in the fire pit.
- lighter(s) we supply matches
- sun hat
- insect repellant
- closed-toed sandals or water shoes /mud boots for creek-walking
- closed-toed shoes for hiking and tree-climbing
- flip-flops or slippers – Shoes are not allowed inside the treehouse.
- walking/hiking stick
- waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- head lamp
- day pack
- fire starters
- food – Bring your favorites. Don’t forget campfire snacks like s’mores.
- Optional electric heated blanket, paper products so you don't have to do dishes
Wood for fires must be carefully managed to conserve the health of Kentucky forests and prevent invasive pests such as the Emerald Ash Borer. Therefore, ONLY the following types of wood may be used at EarthJoy:
- kiln-dried scrap lumber
- wood from your home in Kentucky that has the bark removed
- wood bearing a USDA compliance stamp purchased from a department or grocery store or gas station
- wood purchased from a local firewood vendor outside the property bearing a state compliance stamp
- wood pre-ordered from us
- One $50.00 firewood bundle contains enough split wood and small fire-starter for one night. To order email email@example.com your request, reservation name and date of stay notify us three days before your stay. If you are outside the three day window local Rural King or Krogers in Maysville Ky may have firewood in stock
- The bundle will be delivered under your treehouse.
- Please note: There are no refunds for un-used wood, but you may take the remainder with you.
Outside tow truck companies are not allowed on our property. (We have had several miserable prior experiences.) If you drive off the gravel and get stuck, call Bill Byrne at 859-380-1945. He is the only person permitted to two on our farm. Bill’s fee for a tow is $50.00.
- Every guest at EarthJOY must have a waiver on file one week prior to their admission to our property. All adults age 18 and over must sign for themselves. Parents or guardians must sign for children under age 18.
- Codes that permit access to gates and treehouses will not be shared until waivers are signed and all add on fees are paid.
Check-In Time is 4:00 p.m.
- Check-in time applies to both your reserved treehouse, hiking trails, and the property as a whole.
- If you choose to check-in later than 4:00 p.m., we recommend that you do so before dark.
- If you wish to check in early, 1:30 p.m. is the earliest possible time. There is a $50 fee for check-in before 4:00 p.m. We limit early access to the property because there are often private workshops, and rescue dog therapy sessions between guest stays in our treehouses. The $50.00 pays to organize and expedite your early arrival
Check-Out Time is 11:00 a.m.
- Check-out time applies to both your reserved treehouse and the property as a whole.
- Late check-out at 1:30 p.m. may be available for a $50 fee.
- Schedule late or early check-out/in email firstname.lastname@example.org your request, reservation name and date of stay.
Check out List
- We ask that you leave the treehouse as you found it. We don’t expect a deep clean; we will do that. But we do expect that you will do the basics – wash the dishes, wipe the table, take out the trash, sweep.
- We expect that you and your guests will take care of the treehouse, its contents, the trees on our property, and the infrastructure we have created for your enjoyment.
- Please touch the trees, but do not pull or cut the bark from them. Doing so can cause the trees serious harm and could, therefore, result in a serious fine.
- Please do not allow teens or tweens to wander the property without adult supervision. We have had past incidents of damage to EarthJOY infrastructure caused by teens and tweens allowed out on the trails by themselves.
Change of Reservation Policy
- If there are more than 30 days before your stay, you may reschedule. .
- If less than 30 days remain before your stay, no cancellations are allowed.
- No change of reservations are allowed for weather. Plan accordingly and enjoy the forest in rain or snow. Bring mud boots, umbrellas and rain coats.
- If it is not thundering or lightening it is a great time to take a hike in the rain and enjoy the creeks. A favorite is to walk the smaller creek. It is quite exhilarating! The treehouse is a great place to read a book or play board and card games in inclement weather day. We have other ideas on the Nature Invitations you will find in the Treehouse Manual. You could also do recommended day trips Augusta Ky, visit the Arc Encounter or Newport Aquarium
A NOTE ABOUT EXTRA GUESTS OVER ALOTTED If it becomes necessary for whatever reason for you to have more than the allotted number of guests for your treehouse there is a fee and considerations. $50.00 per extra guest outside the 6. No dogs of extra paying guests are permitted. NOT TENTS. No more than 4 guests and no more than two cars at your treehouse because it is a one lane road. All day guests must leave by 8PM to not disturb other treehouse guests. All guests need to be scheduled, authorized, prepaid, know the treehouse agreement and sign the waiver. Because we need to protect the other treehouse guests if it is brought to our awareness you have unauthorized guests you will be asked to leave with no refund. You can also inquire about the Schoolie bus or other treehouses that might be open